NIGERIA: PPPRA Reports 18 billion Litres of Petrol Supplied in 2019

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) has uncovered that petrol worth about 18 billion litres was distributed in 2019.

The Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency, Mr. Abdulkadir Saidu stated that The total amount of petrol distributed all over the nation as of November 2019 was about 18,623,992,092 litres and the Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) average sufficiency stayed at 40.68 days.

He disclosed that about 1,612 vessels burdened with all types of petroleum products were docked in Nigerian waters in 2019.

It was also stated that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) owned about 99.61 percent of the calculated 19,175,737,226 litres of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) imported in 2019, also the Major Oil Marketers of Nigeria (MOMAN) on the other side imported 0.39 percent in 2019 while 166,332,185 litres of Premium Motor Spirit was produced locally in 2019 as well.

The Executive Secretary of the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency uncovered that financial analysis of imported products was carefully done and analyzed at seaports by industry-recognized cargo inspectors in collaboration with the PPPRA staff at seaports.

Mr. Saidu said that the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) will endeavor to make sure accountability and transparency are attained in the oil and gas department by providing valid data and information available as regards the agency.

id.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *